Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Get over it!

I got my period Tuesday. I cried. I was moody all weekend, weepy. Thought maybe perhaps my hormones were wacky for the opposite reason. NOPE! Sometimes I even convince myself that, despite my period, I actually am pregnant-- like one of those crazy "I didn't know I was pregnant" TV shows. News flash-- getting one's period is nature's way of saying NOT PREGNANT.

I wish that everyone who's had children know what it's like to NOT get pregnant. What it's like to long for that, yet not have it. The infamous Duggar family announced baby #19 is on the way. Many friends are pregnant with their 2nd or 3rd. . it seems so easy for so many. My cousin is due next month. . . she's a bigger girl and I thought if either of us would have trouble it would be her. I guess I'm just discouraged.

I'm frustrated. It took 30 years to find a great guy, and I thought I'd waited enough. More waiting, it seems, is in my future.

I need to stop crying now.

Ahh. . . therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment